I’ve just received two more translation files for SYDI-Server 2.0, or more specifically for the script ss-xml2word.vbs which converts an XML file from sydi-server into a Microsoft Word document. It also uses a language file which contains a lot of the text that is written to the final word document.
To use this file files you run:
cscript.exe ss-xml2word.vbs â€“xServer1.xml â€“llang_dutch.xml â€“sServer1_docs.xml
I’ve gotten quite a few emails from people who aren’t able to get the script working correctly. In those cases this has been due to path issues. Instead of the expected result you’d only get a small doc file without any relevant information. In the above example it is assumed that all the files (ss-xml2word.vbs, server1.xml, lang_dutch.xml and Server1_docs.xml) are all located in the same directory. If your files are in different locations you have to include the path to the files.
I will try to use a more user friendly error in the next version version of ss-xml2word.vbs.
The file I specified in the â€“s parameter is optional. This is a file you create, there are examples in the example directory. In the file you can specify information such as physical location of the server, service contract, and contact information for the administrator. Basically it’s in that file you are supposed to write the documentation about the server, this way you can keep the written documentation separate from the wmi information sydi-server has gathered.
At the moment I’ve just added the files as patches, the Dutch file can be downloaded from here and the Portuguese file from here! I’ve also added all the translation files I’ve received so far to the download section on the SYDI site.
I would like to thank Kilian Wester for sending the Dutch file and Luis Barreto for the Portuguese version!
[tags]sydi, network documentation, dutch, portuguese, translation, software, inventory, vbscript[/tags]